Saturday, May 13, 2006

Elliott Yamin



I went to the James Center to see Elliott Yamin. Actually I had to photograph it as part of my day job, but I probably would have gone anyway. I just wouldn't have gotten as close as I did without being credentialed. No surprises. Sometimes you think movie stars are going to be bigger than life, and then you find they're much shorter. Elliott looked exactly like I expected, like he does on TV. Very humble guy. Must be weird to be a nobody on the local Richmond music scene...even a nobody on the total Richmond scene...and then in a span of six months or so, come home to this kind of huge reception.

Susan Greenbaum's band opened for him and ended up playing a half hour more than they planned because Elliott's limo was late.

1 comment:

anne said...

Not Elliott related, but I like the new look.