Monday, October 23, 2006

So I Was High on the Hog Once

I mentioned to my husband the other day that I had come under fire for never having attended a High on the Hog. "Yes, we did," he said.

We went the one year it was held on Mayo Island, the year Chuck made the brown "Southpork" T-shirts when each character in South Park looked like a pig. According to the shirt, the bill that year (1998) was Page Wilson & Reckless Abandon, Jim Dudley's Chez Roue, the Janet Martin Band, Car Bomb Inc. (one of my favorites), and Bobby Parker and the Blues Night Band.

My husband literally has a hundred T-shirts or more, and this is after we took out three garbage bags full of them several years ago. His whole life story is told in souvenir T-shirts. And someone else's life as well, because his mother always brings him back a shirt from her vacations, so he has shirts from places he's never been. But he only wears about 10 of them, which reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry riffs on the theory of the favorite T-shirt, which one fateful day doesn't survive the wash and dry, and the second favorite T-shirt takes its place, and on down the line.

No comments: